A word from Ian Peters...

Aside from the game against Nebraska, the season has been great so far. We’ve had a lot of hard fought games that have came down to us doing the little things right to win them. We got a little bit ahead of ourselves with the preparation and execution during the week we played Nebraska, which obviously showed. We were indeed humbled by that, which I believe got us back on track to play as well as we did in Lawrence against KU. The determination and amount of work and preparation our coaches and players put into the week is mind blowing. Coach Snyder built his reputation as a blue collar worker and shows no signs of letting that “brand”, as we call it, disappear.

I could not have imagined any better way to experience my first actual play as a Wildcat. Going into Lawrence, beating our in state rivals, and having it on television, provided an amazing experience. I’m truly blessed and thankful to have had that opportunity. I honestly can not think of any time in my life where I have been on more of an adrenaline rush than in those seven seconds of kick off. Even though we were beating them 59-7, the feeling of being in a Division I football game and getting my first recorded tackle is something I will never forget for the rest of my life. I just want to give a shout out to everyone back home who supports the team and myself. We are reminded daily of the kind of people who support us. The wildcat nation’s devotion to KSU is truly something to play for in itself. Thanks again to everyone who has supported and followed me thus far, I sincerely appreciate it.

No comments: